ProsperUs has recently completed designing of solutions for Milestones 2 and 3, in partnership with Community Action Network (CAN) working groups comprised of neighbourhood youth and residents with lived experience, front-line service providers, and other subject matter experts.
- Milestone 2 – Students who are proficient in reading in Grade 3 are more likely to graduate high school
- Milestone 3 – Students who are proficient in math in Grade 6 are more likely to complete post-secondary and be prepared for the workforce
ProsperUs is seeking community organizations that can support the delivery of new out-of-school time solutions for elementary aged children in West Windsor, Downtown Windsor, and Leamington.
Out-of-school time solutions include structured programming related to academic supports, mentoring, recreation activities, arts and culture enrichment activities, and system navigation for children and their families.
Who is eligible to apply?
Registered charities, not-for-profit organizations, and grassroots groups serving children in these neighbourhoods with a focus on out-of-school supports are welcome to apply.
How do I apply?
The application process will include two stages.
Stage 1 Initial Application:
Organizations will be asked to demonstrate alignment to one or more of the solution area elements and capacity to deliver on these within the community solutions. Initial applications will be reviewed and those organizations that have demonstrated alignment and minimum capacity will be selected to complete a full application.
Stage 2 Full Application:
Full applications will include a comprehensive capacity assessment, requiring supporting documentation. Organizations that are successful will be selected to move forward with the design process for implementing new solutions.
|Application Process||Date Open||Deadline|
|Complete Stage 1 Initial Application||Tuesday, October 5, 2021||Monday, October 18, 2021 at 11:59PM|
|Complete State 2 Full Application|
For approved applicants only
|Upon Stage 1 Approval||Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:59PM|
Note that organizations will not be asked to propose specific programs or services for these applications. The solutions that ProsperUs will be funding have been designed by the Community Action Network, and organizations will be selected based on their ability to implement them as designed.
- Register to attend one of the Information Sessions:
Tues. Oct. 12 | 12:00 – 1:00 PM | Register Here
Tues. Oct. 12 | 4:00 – 5:00 PM | Register Here
- Missed our Information Session? Please click here to view our presentation and to learn more!
- Complete the Application Template. Note that your application will be submitted through an online form. You will not be able to save your progress and return to the form later, so it is highly recommended that you complete the Application Template in advance.
- When you are ready to submit, CLICK HERE to complete the Stage 1: Initial Application
If you have questions or require assistance in completing an application, please contact:
Alicea Fleming, Director of Impact and Community Investments
United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County (Backbone organization for ProsperUs)
519-259-6174 | email@example.com